Single mothers willing to work diligently toward a more stable life find a home at Jeremiah Program. Here they can build a brighter future for themselves and their children.
Many women enter Jeremiah Program unemployed or earning low wages; they typically have high levels of debt and poor credit ratings, and rely on public assistance. They usually are struggling to find stable, safe and affordable housing and are isolated, living without much hope. Many are dealing with the effects of abuse and addiction and the impact it has on self-confidence.
What sets the Jeremiah woman apart is her willingness to pursue a different reality for herself and her family. She may come to the program with a history of challenges, but she is ready to build a new future. She actively seizes the opportunity to turn despair into hope and dreams into reality. She is ready to become powerfully self-reliant. In sum, Jeremiah Program provides the opportunities, but the young women must do the work.
Jeremiah women are remarkable success stories. Within a few short years, they successfully complete the program having achieved their education goals. They have full-time, living-wage careers and the life skills necessary to be self-reliant, successful, and nurturing to their children.
- Our most recent figures for 2012 and 2013 graduates show that 61% of the women entered Jeremiah Program unemployed; the remaining 39% were earning slightly more than $9 per hour. Today, 77% are employed at an average salary of $16.25 per hour and 14% are continuing their education or completing certification exams!
- Most Jeremiah women have relied on public assistance prior to entering the program, but after completing Jeremiah Program, they quickly begin reducing their dependence.
- Women enter the program with a high school diploma or GED; 4o% of recent (2012 and 2013) graduates obtained a bachelor’s degree, 54% obtained an associate’s degree, and 6% completed a certificate program.
- Where they once lived in unstable housing situations, Jeremiah graduates can afford safe housing.
- Before Jeremiah Program, women have high levels of debt and poor credit ratings. Through the program, they learn to reduce and manage debt and practice sound financial management.
Stories of Success from Our Graduates
- Kari is one of our earliest graduates, now an employee at Jeremiah Program and the mother of an amazing high school student. Read her story.
- Libby is a current resident on our Saint Paul campus. She shares her journey here.
- Mary Claire recently graduated from Jeremiah, bought a house, has a wonderful job with Hot Mama, and is celebrating her son’s successes. More here.
- Nekey recently graduated from the University of Minnesota. Her son Giovanni is scoring in the 98th percentile. Read about this inspiring duo here.