Women are referred to Jeremiah Program from social service agencies, educational institutions as well as friends and family. To ensure full occupancy throughout the year, program staff screen candidates year-round for women who meet our basic program criteria and demonstrate motivation.
Applying to Jeremiah Program
- When an interested woman contacts Jeremiah Program, staff members explain the program and criteria for participation. If a woman meets the requirements, she will be asked to complete the application.
- Candidate completes the application on line, by downloading the pdf or picking up an application at Jeremiah Program. If she has any questions, she may contact the Admissions Coordinator at 651-332-5017.
- The Admissions Coordinator reviews the application and determines eligibility for intake.
- If eligible, candidate has an in-person meeting at Jeremiah Program during which the Admissions Coordinator further assesses the candidate’s fit for the program.
- Based on the intake interview, eligibility for pre-admission is determined; additional or alternate resources may be recommended.
If candidate does not meet our criteria, we will refer her to other, more appropriate, agencies.
Admission Information Sessions & Tours in St. Paul
Jeremiah Program will host four admissions information sessions and tours on the St. Paul campus for prospective applicants, their families and service providers. Click here for details.
Pre-Admission Prepares Candidates
A rigorous selection process ensures that the women who enter Jeremiah Program are ready and able to seize this opportunity for creating a successful future. Once a candidate is accepted for pre-admission, she makes a commitment before being invited to participate fully in the program and reside on campus. The pre-admission process has three major components:
- Empowerment Training: Multi-session curriculum helps assess the appropriateness of the program for the family. Women gain an understanding about the responsibilities involved and work with a coach for guidance and support.
- Screening: Verifies the candidate’s ability to commit to the rigor of the program.
- Interview: After screening, the candidate is interviewed by the Admissions Committee and a decision is made whether to invite her to participate fully in the program.