Jeremiah Program has inspired private philanthropy and the public sector to support our focus on transforming families through education and employment using a holistic, family-centered approach. Our innovative model proves that we can break a family’s cycle of poverty and propel the parent and child into sustainable prosperity.
Today more than 18 million children are living in poverty with a single mother. The need for proven solutions continues to grow as more young children face a life without promise because they lack access to success in school from a very early age. Jeremiah Program focuses on one segment of this vulnerable population: single mothers with children under age five. Research indicates that a mother’s level of education is a reliable predictor of her child’s educational attainment. A community that invests in early childhood education along with making it possible for the mother to complete her college degree will receive a significant return on its investment for generations to come.
Jeremiah Program envisions a world where:
- Community leaders embrace the urgent need to create a better future for single mothers living in poverty and their young children;
- Colleges partner with personal development programs to increase the success rate of students at risk for academic failure;
- Businesses partner with programs to develop employment opportunities that lift people out of poverty;
- Communities invest in early childhood education recognizing the high rate of return on investment;
- Government resources for our most vulnerable citizens are not compromised by the pursuit of higher education.
Influencing Change Through Expansion
Jeremiah Program currently has two fully operational sites in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, MN, which serve 300 women and children at any given time. In addition, Jeremiah guided the creation of a similar program in Ohio (The Glen of St. Joseph). The next step in the organization’s national expansion is an Austin, TX, site, opening in 2013. Work also is underway to establish a Jeremiah Program in Fargo, ND-Moorhead, MN.
If you are interested in bringing Jeremiah Program to your community, contact President & CEO Gloria Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial gifts advance a framework for expansion and sustainable outcomes for families in education and employment across the country while infusing standards of programmatic excellence in every Jeremiah Program location. Please join our circle of supporters with a contribution.