- “You’re pregnant. These two words changed my life forever,” says Rebecca, a Jeremiah Program graduate who accompanied President & CEO Gloria Perez to the Aspen Institute ThinkXChange this past month to share the work of Jeremiah. Perez is currently a fellow in the Aspen Institute’s Ascend program, a hub for breakthrough ideas and proven strategies that move parents beyond poverty toward educational success and economic security, and featured by the Aspen Institute’s ASCEND Blog.
- Jeremiah Program welcomed several new members in fall 2012 to its Visionary Circle. The following were recognized for extraordinary levels of accumulative giving: Nancy and John Berg, Sandra and Lynn Davis, The Moody Foundation and the Steiner Foundation. Roofing consultant Rick Grobovsky was also recognized for his signficiant in-kind contribution.
- Jeremiah Program Founder Father Michael O’Connell was honored by Hazelden for his visionary work with youth and families. In this video, Jeremiah Program CEO & President Gloria Perez and others share their thoughts this “courageous leader who is always tapping into the notion of what’s right and good, not what’s easy.”
For Jeremiah families, graduation marks the ultimate achievement while in residence, but we believe it is important to celebrate their successes throughout their journey:
- SHERO, an event held twice annually, recognizes women nominated by their peers and coaches for their progress in the program and their involvement in the campus community.
- At the Bullfrog Bash, the annual gala supporting our Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses, we celebrate the success of our families, and share their stories with Jeremiah supporters. More here.
- Quarterly, women are recognized for their personal achievement in the areas of academic excellence, community leadership and program excellence.
- Graduation ceremonies, held in June and December, commemorate success in education as Jeremiah Program women obtain degrees and begin the next phase of their journeys.
For the Media
If you are a member of the media and have questions or need more information, please contact
Amy Dillahunt (612-259-3021).
Financial statements, governance information and internal policies are also available upon request.