Jeremiah In the News
- Fargo Forum reports on Generation Builders event and plans to build Fargo-Moorhead campus
- Fargo Monthly profiles Jeremiah Program and staff member Amanda Volmer (pages 60 & 27)
- Meredith Vieira Show surprises two Jeremiah families on air! (11.21.14)
- Macalester College profiles Jeremiah President & CEO Gloria Perez (Summer 2014)
- Washington Post: “The new War on Poverty: Tackling two generations at once” (5.7.14)
- Star Tribune: “Raising Kids Alone Gets Tougher” (4.7.14)
- New York Times: “The Balancing Act: Building the Village” video profile (3.18.14)
- NBC News: “‘Mom did it, we can do it': Two-generation programs help lift families out of poverty” (1.13.14)
- Des Moines Register: “Jeremiah Program pairs education with family supports” (12.29.13)
- Deseret News (Salt Lake City): “From poverty to prosperity: How Jeremiah Program helps single moms reach their potential” (12.21.13)
- Star Tribune: “Minnesota anti-poverty program stretches its wings to Texas” (9.19.13)
- Stride Magazine Fargo-Moorhead: “Transforming Lives Two Generations at a Time” (October 2013)
- Fargo Forum: “Women’s Wisdom: Jeremiah Program’s local leader shares meaningful mission” (9.19.13)
- National Journal/The Atlantic: “An Amazingly Effective Support System for Single Moms”
- Star Tribune: “Helping moms and kids look to the future”
- Newsweek’s Women in the World: “Escaping the Single Mom Trap”
Jeremiah Video Features
- Steve Liss of Americanpoverty.org captures Jeremiah Program in this 9-minute video. Watch
- This 3-minute video from Americanpoverty.org provides an overview of Jeremiah Program. Watch
- Four amazing Jeremiah women’s stories are featured in this 7-minute video. Watch
For the Media
- If you are a member of the media and have questions or need more information, please contact Kathy Graves (612-242-3184).
- Download Jeremiah Program’s backgrounder or an organizational timeline.
- 2014 Interactive Annual Report
- 2014 Downloadable Annual Report
- 2013 Downloadable Annual Report
- 2012 Downloadable Annual Report
- 2011 Downloadable Annual Report
For Jeremiah families, graduation marks the ultimate achievement while in residence, but we believe it is important to celebrate their successes throughout their journey:
- SHERO, an event held twice annually, recognizes women nominated by their peers and coaches for their progress in the program and their involvement in the campus community.
- At the Bullfrog Bash, the annual gala supporting our Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses, we celebrate the success of our families, and share their stories with Jeremiah supporters. More here
- Quarterly, women are recognized for their personal achievement in the areas of academic excellence, community leadership and program excellence.
- Graduation ceremonies, held in June and December, commemorate success in education as Jeremiah Program women obtain degrees and begin the next phase of their journeys.