Early Childhood Education
At Jeremiah Program, we believe quality early childhood education is required for success in school. Our goal is kindergarten readiness for all children in our care.
Our on-site Child Development Centers provide an excellent early childhood education for children ages six weeks through pre-school. The children learn in a physically safe, emotionally secure and intellectually stimulating environment, with age-appropriate classrooms and outdoor playgrounds.
A child’s education doesn’t just happen in school. In addition to the daily programming within the Child Development Centers, Jeremiah mothers partner with their child’s teachers to ensure educational success. Through the Life Skills classes and individual coaching sessions, mothers focus on parenting and child development.
In addition to serving Jeremiah Program families, our Child Development Centers in Minneapolis and St. Paul are open to community members looking for an excellent early childhood education experience where children can develop socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically.
We prepare children for success in school and beyond:
- Upon entering the program, we observe and evaluate each child and create individualized development plans.
- Mothers are accountable for their children’s success in the classroom, through hands-on goal setting and monitoring of their child’s academic progress.
- Jeremiah Program’s Child Development Centers use the High/Scope curriculum and assessment to guide and evaluate children’s development.
- Through this culturally sensitive, age-appropriate and challenging curriculum, we ensure that all children graduate from the program ready for kindergarten.
- We help parents evaluate kindergarten programs to meet their family’s needs.
- With significant numbers of special needs children among our families, we engage community partners to make sure that each child’s individual needs are met.
By maintaining a low staff-to-child ratio, we can help children develop well-rounded skills and healthy values. Our teachers hold degrees in early childhood education or the equivalent, and they continue their professional development with ongoing training throughout the year.
The Child Development Centers on our flagship Minneapolis and Saint Paul campuses have earned high ratings from the Child Care Quality Rating System, a collaboration between the Minnesota Early Learning Foundation, the State Department of Human Services, and the Minnesota Child Care Resource and Referral Network. The rating system identifies and qualifies child care organizations on the following criteria:
- Family partnerships
- Teaching materials and strategies
- Positive teacher-child relationship and emotional engagement
- Teacher training and education
- Tracking of child’s progress toward school readiness
- Classroom observation with research-based tools to rate the classroom environment and quality teacher interactions
The following Jeremiah Program locations currently offer Early Childhood Education. To apply or arrange for tour, please contact the Child Development Center managers.
Contact: Deb Brown
1510 Laurel Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Saint Paul, MN
Contact: Stephanie Morgart
932 Concordia Ave.
Saint Paul, MN 55104